NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- TheStreet Ratings' stock model screens for the best fast growth stocks, and these companies rank in the top 10% of our stock ratings universe with 'buy' level ratings of A-minus or better. They also have top and bottom line growth potential in excess of 12% over the next year.
5. Dollar Tree Stores (DLTR)
Dollar Tree Stores operates discount variety stores with merchandise sold at a fixed price of $1.00. With the 2009 poverty rate in the United States climbing to the highest level since 1959, Dollar Tree Stores is well positioned to serve this sadly expanding demographic.Income Statement In the fiscal second quarter ending July 31, Dollar Tree Stores grew its top line revenue by 12.7% to $1.4 billion over the year ago quarter. Over the same period, net income progressed by 37.1% to $78 million. Full year earnings per share is expected to grow from $3.07 to $3.49 over the next 12 months. Balance Sheet Stockholders' equity, the net worth of the company, has increased by 5.4% in the most recent quarter from the same quarter last year. Stock Ratios The company's five year annualized growth rate for sales of 10.1% exceeds the industry average of 6.6% and the S&P 500 reading of 2.6%. Analyst Ratings Our model rates Dollar Tree Stores at a grade of A, or "strong buy." In total there are 11 analysts awarding the company a strong buy recommendation, one at "moderate buy", seven at "hold' and one at "strong sell."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV