NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- It was solar inverter company Advanced Energy Industries (AEIS) turn to take a beating from investors on behalf of the solar inverter market, which has been hit hard in the past two weeks.
Advanced Energy Industries shares were down more than 10% in the early afternoon on Wednesday and trading was above the full day average volume.
The solar inverter market took a tumble last week after the world's largest inverter maker, Germany's SMA Solar, provided a cautious outlook about 2011. Power-One (PWER) was the big loser in the bunch, down 25% in the past week before a comeback today after it announced a share buyback program.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV