Silver and Germ Warfare
This is consistent with my own previous calculation regarding the silver used in polyester sportswear. By weight, such products only use 1/40,000th of silver, relative to the weight of all other inputs. This means (as I have often observed before) that such silver-based products will be extremely price-inelastic. What that equates to is that the demand for such products will change very little -- even with very large increases in the price of silver. Given this parameter, price does not appear to be the most important determinant in a longer term analysis of which is the superior technology.
In summary, the combination of flexibility and efficacy seems to provide a significant advantage to silver-based technology in the battle against microorganisms -- and especially bacteria -- while its price inelasticity means that demand will stay strong, even in the face of large increases in the price of silver.
With super-bugs and new issues such as medical tourism, the importance of such technology can only grow with time. This puts silver in the unique position of being a good which may not only save you financially, but also may save your life.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV