DALLAS ( TheStreet) -- Something's missing from the airline industry: Merger speculation.
Perhaps the absence of chatter is understandable, given that all eyes and ears are on United (UAUA) and Continental (CAL) as they move towards an imminent completion of their merger, just five months after the deal was announced.
That leaves little to speculate on regarding United and Continental -- with the exception of how long Cleveland will remain a hub. A deal with Ohio's attorney general assures the airline's commitment but requires success in Cleveland for the commitment to be maintained. Huh?
By the way, United and Continental want this deal so badly that they let the fox into the henhouse at Newark when they
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV