Strategic American Oil Corporation Continues Growth And Development Of Its Illinois Oil Portfolio
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas, Sept. 22, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Strategic American Oil Corporation (OTCBB:SGCA) (the "Company) is focusing its efforts on growing and developing its portfolio of oil projects in Illinois. Highlighted by the Waterflood #1 (WF1) prospect, the Company has recently leased over 2,900 acres in the Illinois Basin. New projects are being identified and leasing programs are in effect to acquire these prospects.
Identifying and leasing in the Basin is a part of a broader effort by the Company to institute a drilling program with prospects of mixed risk profiles, ranging from waterflood opportunities, direct offsets, step-out wells, and pinnacle reef prospects. This portfolio of prospects will provide Strategic American Oil a relatively low-cost/high-reward portfolio of drilling locations in the heart of the oil-rich Illinois Basin. Updates will be given as key leasing and operational milestones occur.
The Illinois Basin, which the Illinois State Geological Survey (ISGS) estimates has over 4.1 billion barrels of oil remaining to be produced, is a key area for development by the Company due to numerous factors, including:
- Lease Costs at $25.00 – 30.00/acre
- Royalty Rate at 12.5 – 15%
- Shallow Target Zones 2,000 – 4,000 feet
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV