2. Shoe Carnival (SCVL - Get Report) is a footwear retailer with stores in the Midwest, South and Southeast. Fiscal second-quarter profit more than quadrupled to $4.1 million, or 32 cents a share, as revenue advanced 8.2% to $165 million. The operating margin widened from 1.3% to 3.6%. Shoe Carnival has $41 million of cash, converting to a quick ratio of 0.5, and no debt. Its stock trades at a forward earnings multiple of 9.1, a book value multiple of 1.1 and a cash flow multiple of 7.9, 41%, 63%, and 26% discounts to specialty retail industry averages. Its PEG ratio of 0.2 indicates an 80% discount to fair value. Sidoti & Co. offers a price target of $39, implying 96% of upside.
10 Stocks to Consider Before Holiday Hype
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.