3. Talbots (TLB) is a specialty retailer and direct marketer of women's apparel, accessories and shoes. Talbots swung to a fiscal second-quarter profit of $940,000, or 1 cent per share, from a loss of $24 million, or 38 cents, a year earlier. Revenue declined 1.3% to $301 million. The operating margin climbed from negative territory to positive 4%. Talbots holds $4.7 million of cash and $37 million of debt, translating to a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.2. Its stock sells for a forward earnings multiple of 11, a 28% discount to its peer average. The shares are expensive based on book value and cash flow. Lazard Capital Markets forecasts that the stock will gain 77% to $21.
10 Stocks to Consider Before Holiday Hype
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.