Verizon Wireless Introduces NAVBuilder Inside To Help Developers Incorporate Location, Maps And Navigation Into Apps
BASKING RIDGE, N.J., and LAS VEGAS, Sept. 21 /PRNewswire/ -- NAVBuilder Inside (NBI), an exclusive software development kit (SDK) from Verizon Wireless, gives developers a simple way to add interactive location, mapping, and other location-based services (LBS) to their applications across multiple operating systems. The NAVBuilder Inside SDK is now available, the company said today at the Verizon Developer Community Conference taking place in Las Vegas.
NAVBuilder Inside allows for cross-platform development for Android™, BlackBerry®, Brew® and Windows Mobile® operating systems. Developers can use NAVBuilder Inside to create or enhance applications to take advantage of in-demand LBS features, including directions, finders, alerts and geo-tagging.
"LBS features, such as location, maps and directions, are the hottest features in application development, especially when they can be embedded directly into an application so Verizon Wireless device users don't have to leave an app to take advantage of the capability," said Kristi Crum, director of consumer products, Verizon Wireless. "With NAVBuilder Inside, we've made it simple for developers to use uniform APIs to quickly add the most-wanted features to their applications on many different operating systems and get them to market quickly."
NAVBuilder Inside can be found on the Verizon Developer Community portal and has two parts:
- MapKit: Provides an interface for embedding maps (Regular, Satellite and Hybrid), local search, and directions directly into applications, so users don't have to leave the application to experience the functionality; and
- LocationKit: Enables fast location positioning for applications using standalone GPS, Cell ID or Wi-Fi. LocationKit also enables Cell ID location positioning on non-Wi-Fi capable devices, such as Brew-enabled feature phones.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV