By Louis Navellier of
Gold prices continue to push higher, setting a new all-time high. Silver also has set a 30-year high, and precious metals across the board seem to be lifting mining stocks. Right?
Wrong. There are a number of miners that gold prices haven't been able to prop up, as you can see by poor earnings and recent stock prices. What's more, many miners that also dig for conventional metals like aluminum and copper have been brutalized by the economic downturn. As manufacturing has slowed to a crawl, demand for these metals has dried up too.
Here are seven metal and mining stocks investors should avoid no matter how high gold prices go.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV