3 Obama Green Programs Mired in the Red
(Obama green energy program story, updated for federal tariff on Chinese imports, California renewable energy standard, LDK Solar loan package in China)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The recession may be over, but the cadre of elite economists who signed the recession's death certificate last week did not say whether the Obama administration's economic Recovery Act of 2009 was responsible for ending the worst economic slump since World War II.
Vice president Joe Biden, on the other hand, recently released a list of the 100 Recovery Act projects that in his words, are "changing America." The problem is that green energy in America isn't changing fast enough, no matter what the Biden list would have you believe.
Making Vice President Biden's list of the 100 economic stimulus projects deserving of special notice were dozens related to green energy, from electric cars and electric car battery makers -- a clear focus on Biden's list -- to smart grid, wind and solar investments.The Obama administration is obviously using the Biden 100 Top Recovery Act projects list as it tries to build support for its much criticized Stimulus 2.0 spending package -- and, more generally, fend off attacks that it hasn't been an effective steward of the U.S. economy while, as Republican rhetoric contends, the government spends, spends and spends. No one can doubt the Obama administration has shown more of a focus on energy efficiency than the previous administration, yet Stimulus 2.0 was lacking in broad focus on energy efficiency and alternative energy compared with the 2009 Recovery Act.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV