6. LDK Solar (LDK) is a producer of solar wafers and manufacturer of solar modules. The company sells multicrystalline and monocrystalline wafers to manufacturers of solar cells and modules. The stock has gained 14.4% during the last one month.
Developments: Early September, the company launched its new solar cell manufacturing line in Xinyu City foraying into vertical manufacturing. It has an annualized capacity of 60 megawatts and is expected to reach 120 MW by the end of third-quarter 2010. The main motto of the facility is to produce almost 50% of the company's module manufacturing needs, which will reduce the modules cost and lead to stability in cell supply.
Additionally, on Monday the company signed a memorandum of understanding with National Renewable Energy Laboratory for collaborative research and development activities related to silicon materials and photovoltaic devices.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV