Biotech Investor Calendar: Obesity Drugs
If the Sequel results are positive, Vivus could submit the two-year Qnexa data to FDA for review. However, it's not clear if the agency would have time to review the data by the agency's Oct. 28 deadline. If not, FDA could extend the Qnexa review by another three or six months.
Key, upcoming events in the race to develop an approvable obesity drug:
Before end of September:
Top-line results from Vivus' two-year "Sequel" extension study of Qnexa.Oct. 22: FDA approval decision date for Arena Pharmaceuticals' lorcaserin. Oct. 28: FDA approval decision date for Vivus' Qnexa. Dec. 7: FDA advisory panel for Orexigen Therapeutics' Contrave. Before end of 2010: Arena reports results from phase III study of lorcaserin in obese patients with diabetes -- the so-called Bloom-DM study. Jan. 31, 2011: FDA approval decision date for Orexigen's Contrave. --Written by Adam Feuerstein in Boston.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Adam Feuerstein. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/adamfeuerstein. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV