Ennis, Inc. Reports Results For The Three And Six Months Ended August 31, 2010
Ennis, Inc. (the “Company"), (NYSE: EBF), today reported financial results for the three and six months ended August 31, 2010.
For the quarter, consolidated net sales increased by $5.2 million, or 3.8%, from $137.8 million for the quarter ended August 31, 2009 to $143.0 million for the quarter ended August 31, 2010. Print sales for the quarter were $69.1 million, compared to $73.9 million for the same quarter last year, or a decrease of 6.5%. Apparel sales for the quarter were $73.9 million, compared to $63.9 million for the same quarter last year, or an increase of 15.6%. Overall gross profit margins ("margins") increased from 26.0% to 27.8% for the quarters ended August 31, 2009 and August 31, 2010, respectively. Print margins decreased from 28.7% to 28.2%, and Apparel margins increased from 22.9% to 27.4%, for the quarters ended August 31, 2009 and August 31, 2010, respectively. Net earnings, for the quarter, increased from $9.5 million, or 6.9% of sales, for the quarter ended August 31, 2009 to $12.1 million, or 8.5% of sales, for the quarter ended August 31, 2010. Diluted EPS increased from $0.37 per share to $0.47 per share for the quarters ended August 31, 2009 and August 31, 2010, respectively.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV