L-1 Identity To Be Bought for $1.6B
L-1 shares closed Friday at $9.70, making the $12 price a 24% premium.
Under the terms of the deal, Safran has agreed to acquire L-1, a maker of high-tech recognition and security systems, following the sale of L-1's intelligence services businesses to BAE Systems. BAE is buying the businesses for $296 million, a deal expected to close in the fourth quarter.
The Safran acquisition of L-1 is expected to close in the first quarter of 2011. The closing of the acquisition is subject to the completion of the BAE deal, L-1 stockholder approval, and review by the U.S. Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States.-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV