Best Growth Companies in Growing Industries
Company Profile: Salesforce.com provides customer-relationship management services to businesses.Closing Price: $116.74 (Sept. 17) One-Year Stock Performance: 100% Wassung's Take: "Cloud computing, and specifically software-as-a-service (SaaS), helps minimize the investment people need to make in their own enterprise. That's a theme that will continue to have legs. Salesforce.com is the lion in that area. It's another long-term secular trend. They're very small relative to the big software companies, like Oracle (ORCL) and SAP (SAP). The whole notion of SaaS is a subscription, rather than buying software up front. That defers the revenue over time. Revenue and earnings tend to lag the adoption of the business, so names like this will trade at higher price-to-earnings ratios. So when it comes to valuing a company like this, you have to look at cash flow." Analyst Consensus: Of the 35 research firms with coverage of Salesforce.com, 19 say investors should buy shares and another 15 have a "hold" rating. Only one firm has a "sell" rating on Salesforce.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV