NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- A roster of large cap stocks hit fresh annual share price heights in the trading week ended Sept. 10, and TheStreet asked readers to vote on which 52-week-high stock would outperform. Readers overwhelmingly tapped Philip Morris International (PM) as the blue chip to outpace the group but Companhia de Bebidas das Americas (ABV), a Brazilian beer brewer known simply as AmBev, came out ahead.
Some 45% of readers had predicted that Philip Morris would outpace the group, while just 3.1% of voters correctly picked AmBev to outperform this past week.
McDonald's (MCD) came in second place, with 28% of the votes. Next was Vodafone Group (VOD), with 6% of the votes, British American Tobacco (BTI) 4.5%, Anheuser-Busch Inbev (BUD) 3.8%, Ecopetrol (EC) 3.8%, Cnooc Limited (CEO) 2.8%, Novo Nordisk (NVO) 2.4% and Ntt DoCoMo (DCM) 0.3%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV