4. EV Energy Partners (EVEP - Get Report) owns oil and gas properties in the Appalachian Basin, Louisiana, Michigan and Texas. It swung to a second-quarter profit of $16 million, or 50 cents a share, from a loss of $32 million, or $1.93, a year earlier. Revenue surged 52%. The operating margin turned positive. EV's stock trades at a book value multiple of 1.4, a 65% discount to the industry average. It's fairly valued based on forward earnings. Of analysts covering the stock, two rate it "buy" and two rate it "hold." A median target of $37.83 suggests a looming return of 10%.
10 Energy Stocks with Yields Up to 11%
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.