5. Legacy Reserves (LGCY - Get Report) develops oil and gas properties in the Permian Basin, Mid-continent and Rocky Mountain regions of the U.S. Legacy swung to a second-quarter profit of $39 million, or 98 cents a share, from a loss of $57 million, or $1.83, a year earlier. Legacy's stock sells for a book value multiple of 2.5, a 38% discount to its peer average. The stock is expensive based on forward earnings, sales and cash flow. Of analysts following Legacy, five advise purchasing its shares and one suggests selling. A median target of $25.80 implies 8% upside.
10 Energy Stocks with Yields Up to 11%
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.