6. Vanguard Natural Resources (VNR - Get Report) develops oil and natural gas properties in the U.S. It swung to a second-quarter profit of $3.9 million, or 19 cents a share, from a loss of $6.8 million, or 54 cents, a year earlier. Revenue multiplied to $25 million. The operating margin turned positive. Vanguard's stock trades at a forward earnings multiple of 12, a 13% discount to the oil and gas industry average. It's expensive based on book value and cash flow. Four analysts rate it "buy" and one ranks it "hold." A median target of $26.62 suggests a return of 3.7%.
10 Energy Stocks with Yields Up to 11%
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.