6. Vanguard Natural Resources (VNR - Get Report) develops oil and natural gas properties in the U.S. It swung to a second-quarter profit of $3.9 million, or 19 cents a share, from a loss of $6.8 million, or 54 cents, a year earlier. Revenue multiplied to $25 million. The operating margin turned positive. Vanguard's stock trades at a forward earnings multiple of 12, a 13% discount to the oil and gas industry average. It's expensive based on book value and cash flow. Four analysts rate it "buy" and one ranks it "hold." A median target of $26.62 suggests a return of 3.7%.
10 Energy Stocks with Yields Up to 11%
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.