8. Linn Energy (LINE - Get Report) is an independent oil and gas developer. Linn swung to a second-quarter profit of $60 million, or 40 cents a share, from a year-earlier loss of $268 million, or $2.31. The operating margin climbed to 51%. Linn's stock trades at a book value multiple of 1.6, a 60% discount to the industry average. It's expensive based on forward earnings, sales and cash flow. Six, or 86%, of researchers following the company advise purchasing its shares and one recommends holding. None say to sell. A median target of $34.17 suggests a return of 12%.
10 Energy Stocks with Yields Up to 11%
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.