8. Linn Energy (LINE - Get Report) is an independent oil and gas developer. Linn swung to a second-quarter profit of $60 million, or 40 cents a share, from a year-earlier loss of $268 million, or $2.31. The operating margin climbed to 51%. Linn's stock trades at a book value multiple of 1.6, a 60% discount to the industry average. It's expensive based on forward earnings, sales and cash flow. Six, or 86%, of researchers following the company advise purchasing its shares and one recommends holding. None say to sell. A median target of $34.17 suggests a return of 12%.
10 Energy Stocks with Yields Up to 11%
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.