Qiao Xing Mobile: No Response To Buyout Offer Yet
NEW YORK (AP) â¿¿ Chinese cell phone maker Qiao Xing Mobile Communication Co. said Friday that it can't yet respond to its parent company's buyout offer, and doesn't know when it will be able to.
Qiao Xing Universal Resources Inc., whose main business is mining, last week offered stock and cash now worth about $3.69 per share, or about $76 million total, for the 38.9 percent of Mobile Communication that it doesn't own. It requested a response by Friday.
Mobile Communication said its Special Committee is rushing to respond to the offer. Universal Resources had requested a response but has said it may go ahead with the offer even if it is not recommended by the committee.
Mobile Communication's U.S.-listed shares fell 4 cents to $3.34 in morning trading. They are up 31 percent since Universal Resources made its offer.Universal Resources shares, also listed in the U.S., fell 2 cents to $1.50.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV