Pizza Inn, Inc. Reports Results For Fiscal Year 2010
THE COLONY, Texas, Sept. 16, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Pizza Inn, Inc. (Nasdaq:PZZI) today reported net income of $1.2 million, or $0.15 per share, for the fiscal year ended June 27, 2010, versus net income of $1.2 million, or $0.14 per share, for the prior fiscal year.
Highlights for the fourth quarter and fiscal year 2010 included:
- Pre-tax income from continuing operations was $2.2 million for fiscal 2010 compared to $1.9 million for the prior fiscal year, an increase of 16% compared to the prior fiscal year.
- The Company opened more restaurants than it closed for the first time in eleven years. The opening of 25 restaurants during the fiscal year is the most in 5 years, while the closing of 22 restaurants during the year is the least in 13 years.
- Comparable domestic buffet restaurant sales decreased 7% for both fiscal 2010 and for the fourth quarter compared to the prior fiscal year.
- Total comparable domestic restaurant sales decreased 8% for both fiscal 2010 and for the fourth quarter compared to the prior fiscal year.
Charlie Morrison, President and CEO, commented, "We battled through a difficult operating environment in the past year and managed to grow pre-tax income by 16%, which demonstrates the improvements we have made. A net increase in store openings in the year demonstrates the commitment we have made to restoring growth to the brand. Fiscal year 2011 is set up to continue this momentum with more scheduled openings of both company-owned and franchised new restaurants."Certain statements in this press release, other than historical information, may be considered forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, and are intended to be covered by the safe harbors created thereby. These forward-looking statements are based on current expectations that involve numerous risks, uncertainties and assumptions. Assumptions relating to these forward-looking statements involve judgments with respect to, among other things, future economic, competitive and market conditions, regulatory framework and future business decisions, all of which are difficult or impossible to predict accurately and many of which are beyond Pizza Inn's control. Although the assumptions underlying these forward-looking statements are believed to be reasonable, any of the assumptions could be inaccurate and, therefore, there can be no assurance that any forward-looking statements will prove to be accurate. In light of the significant uncertainties inherent in these forward-looking statements, the inclusion of such information should not be regarded as a representation that Pizza Inn's objectives and plans will be achieved.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV