10 Tech Stocks With at Least 50% Upside
BOSTON (TheStreet) -- The benchmark S&P 500 Index has rallied 7.2% so far in September. Individual investors are overinvested in bonds and underexposed to equities.
Technology is one of analysts' favorite sectors. Here are 10 lesser-known tech stocks, which are all predicted to gain at least 50% in the next 12 months, based on median targets. These stocks are risky, but expected to deliver outstanding returns. They are ordered by projected upside, from great to greatest.
10. Smith Micro Software (SMSI) develops mobile software. Second-quarter net income increased 48% to $1.9 million, or 5 cents a share, as revenue grew 21% to $31 million. The operating margin extended from 10% to 12%. Smith Micro's stock trades at a forward earnings multiple of 9.7 and a book value multiple of 1.5 -- 62% and 71% discounts to software peer averages. Its PEG ratio, a measure of value relative to projected growth, of 0.1 signals a 90% discount to fair value. Of analysts covering the stock, seven, or 88%, rank it "buy" and one ranks it "hold."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV