China Government Approves ZAP Acquisition Of Majority Stake In Jonway Auto
The Commerce Department of Zhejiang Province in China has approved ZAP's (OTCBB:ZAAP) proposed acquisition of a 51 percent equity interest in Zhejiang Jonway Automobile Co. Limited. ZAP and Jonway now intend to move forward to satisfy the remaining conditions to closing the transaction, including but not limited to those related to financing, foreign exchange authority approval in China and share registration.
According to the terms of the definitive agreements, ZAP has the right to acquire the remaining 49% of Zhejiang Jonway Automobile Co. Limited at the same valuation by March 30, 2011 or at a then current valuation after that date.
ZAP intends to capitalize on the growing automotive and electric vehicle (EV) market in China through the proposed acquisition of a majority stake in Zhejiang Jonway Automobile Co. Limited. ZAP is a 16-year-old company located in California with expertise in EV design, while Zhejiang Jonway Automobile Co. Limited is a manufacturing subsidiary of Jonway Group, a 20-year-old vehicle manufacturer in China.
Safe Harbor StatementThis press release contains forward-looking statements. Investors are cautioned that such forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties, including, without limitation, continued acceptance of ZAP's products, increased levels of competition, new products and technological changes, ZAP's dependence upon third-party suppliers, intellectual property rights and other risks detailed from time to time in the ZAP's periodic reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV