10 Small-Caps Expected to Rise Up to 71%
BOSTON (TheStreet) -- The Russell 2000 small-cap benchmark has rallied 8.5% in September. If the economy strengthens, small-cap stocks are likely to outperform large-caps.
Investors who are piling into bonds could miss out on major upside if fear subsides. Here are 10 small-cap stocks predicted to rise at least 52% in the next 12 months, based on analysts' median targets. They have market values between $500 million and $1.5 billion, and are ordered by expected return.
10. P.H. Glatfelter (GLT) makes and sells specialty papers and fiber-based products. Its second-quarter profit plummeted 99% to $100,000, or break-even per share, beating expectations for a $500,000 loss. Revenue increased 30% to $365 million. The operating margin turned positive. Glatfelter's stock trades at a trailing earnings multiple of 5.5, a forward earnings multiple of 9, a book value multiple of 1.1 and a cash flow multiple of 2.8 -- 83%, 64%, 21% and 59% discounts to paper products industry averages. Three out of four analysts rate it "buy."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV