Goldman's reason for the upgrade was Lowe's improved margins despite a time when "many retailers are likely to experience decelerating growth." After the news the stock gained +2% in the premarkets. The retail stock has gained +10.2% over the past month.
Along with the buy recommendation, Goldman estimated that the retailer's EPS would jump 18% in the third quarter and 31% in the fourth quarter. Lowe's will release its earnings report on Nov. 15.
Wal-Mart (WMT)Despite consumer spending being down, Citi has announced that it will maintain its buy rating of Wal-Mart (WMT). They have also reiterated their price target of $64, for the retail stock.
Wal-Mart will release its earnings report on Nov. 16, and shareholders will discover if Citi's recommendation holds true.
More From Investor Place
|Dividend Stocks to Grow Your Nest Egg|
|7 Expert Stock Picks for Every InvestorThere|
|GameChanger Stocks to Build Your Wealth|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV