Windhover Information Names D-Tagatose One Of Top 10 Most Promising CV/Metabolic Drugs In Development
BETHESDA, Md., Sept. 15 /PRNewswire/ -- Spherix Incorporated (Nasdaq CM: SPEX), an innovator in biotechnology for therapy in diabetes, metabolic syndrome, and atherosclerosis; and providers of technical and regulatory consulting services to food, supplement, biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies, today announced that the Company's pharmaceutical product, D-tagatose, has been selected as one of the top 10 most promising cardiovascular/metabolic therapies in development. The selection was made by an independent committee assembled by Windhover Information, a leading provider of business information products and services to senior executives in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device industries and publisher of IN VIVO and Start-Up. Spherix has been invited to present its data on D-tagatose at Windhover's Therapeutic Alliances Cardiovascular Conference in Boston on November 3-4, 2010.
"Recognition of D-tagatose by Windhover Information underscores the value we see in it as potential therapy for Type 2 diabetes," said Dr. Claire L. Kruger, Chief Executive Officer of Spherix. "Windhover's Therapeutic Alliance Partnerships is the industry's most targeted, efficient, strategic-level partnering meeting for life science companies seeking partnerships in the cardiovascular and metabolic therapeutic areas."
The Top 10 selection was made by an independent committee headed by Marc Wortman, Ph.D., a regular contributor to Windhover's Start-Up, and Jun Huangpu, Ph.D., MBA, founder of Cobbs Creek Healthcare LLC. The committee evaluated hundreds of compounds currently in development for the treatment of cardiovascular disease and metabolic disorders.
According to Windhover, evaluation criteria include:
- Unmet medical need
- Market potential
- Multi-level marketing opportunities
- Potential for new opportunities beyond initial indications
- Diversity of indications
- History of the molecule and drug
- Strong science
- Strong company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV