Nevada Gold Announces First Quarter 2011 Financial Results
HOUSTON, Sept. 14, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Nevada Gold & Casinos, Inc. (NYSE Amex:UWN) today announced financial results for the first quarter ended July 31, 2010.
Financial Highlights first quarter included:
- Net revenues increased 29.1% to $6.5 million, compared to $5.1 million in the first quarter ended July 31, 2009;
- Net loss of $0.5 million compared to a net loss of $0.7 million a year ago;
- Net loss per basic and diluted common share of $0.04, compared to a net loss per basic and diluted common share of $0.05 in the year ago period;
- EBITDA (1) of $(0.6) million compared to $(0.8) million in the first quarter of fiscal 2010;
- Adjusted EBITDA (2) of $41,000
"While we are very pleased with our first quarter results, they don't reflect the impact from the six additional mini-casinos we acquired in Washington. Our three original Washington mini-casinos and our Colorado property continue to perform well," said Robert Sturges, CEO of Nevada Gold."With the acquisition of the additional locations, Nevada Gold has become the largest owner of mini-casinos in the state of Washington with nine such facilities. The synergies amongst our Washington properties will allow us to operate with great efficiency cross market and offer a high level of consistent guest service and promotional incentives," continued Mr. Sturges. "We continue to be on track to hit our goal of generating approximately $55 to $60 million in pro-forma revenue subsequent to the addition of the six recently acquired Washington mini-casinos. We also expect that our property level pro-forma EBITDA, adjusted for the additional six mini-casinos, will be approximately $7.5 million to $8 million on an annual basis," concluded Mr. Sturges. Financial Results For the first quarter of fiscal 2011, net revenues increased to $6.5 million compared to $5.1 million in the first quarter of fiscal 2010. Due to the termination of the management agreement with SunCruz, the Company did not record a management fee during the first quarter of 2011 compared to $0.2 million in the first quarter of 2010. Operating expenses increased to $7.5 million from $6.0 million in the first quarter of 2010. The increase is primarily due to increased casino operating expenses, marketing and administrative expenses, facility and depreciation expense related to the Washington acquisitions and increased legal expenses related to the July 2010 acquisition, offset by reductions of corporate overhead and other legal expenses.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV