Health Education Solutions Launches Robust Online PALS Certification Special Section
LINCOLN, Neb., Sept. 14 /PRNewswire/ -- About nine percent of children who suffer from cardiac arrest outside a hospital and 27 percent of those who experience cardiac arrest in a hospital setting will survive—most of them thanks to a healthcare professional certified in pediatric advanced life support (PALS). Health Education Solutions, the leading provider of continuing education solutions for healthcare professionals, today released a new PALS Special Section , a series of articles, vignettes and important facts about PALS and PALS certification, available in its online research library. The 10-article special section is free for healthcare providers and others who want to learn more about this important life-saving set of skills.
"Pediatric emergency care requires a unique set of skills, as well as a strong understanding of the differences between caring for an adult versus a child or infant," said David King, president of Health Education Solutions. "Whether you're seeking to update your professional skills, need continuing medical education credits or require certification or recertification in PALS, it's easy to get the vital information you need through Health Education Solutions' research library and online courses."
The special section includes information about the PALS online course, as well as stories, how-tos and more. Here are some highlights:
- The Need for Pediatric Emergency Assessment
- Signs and Symptoms of Shock in Children and Infants
- The Three Most Common Causes of Pediatric Cardiac Arrest
- Not-So-Fun in the Sun: Summertime Months Bring Heightened Incidence of Pediatric Injury
- The What, When, Who, Where and Why of PALS
Health Education Solutions offers a variety of ways for healthcare professionals and others to learn the skills they need to be prepared for a medical emergency. For example, the online Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) recertification and initial certification courses provide training in the key skills necessary to help a child experiencing a heart attack or other medical emergency.Initial certification requires completion of an in-person skills test, whereas recertification is 100 percent online. Students have access to the course materials for 12 months after purchase regardless of when they take their exam.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV