(Chinese stock, accounting blow-up story updated for latest rallying Chinese stocks)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Are accounting blow-ups a fundamental risk of investing in Chinese stocks, or just another unfair reputational knock against the emerging world giant's economic juggernaut?
Duoyuan Printing announced a number of changes on Monday that led to the selloff. The chairman announced that the CEO and CFO of the company were being replaced, and the Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu had been fired as auditor after bringing issues to the attention of Duoyuan management which remain unresolved.Duoyuan Printing was down 54% on Monday, while Duoyuan Global declined by 41%. While Duoyuan Global Water's share bleeding had stopped by Wednesday morning, selling of Duoyuan Printing shares didn't cease until Thursday's action.
(YUII) took a market beating after its auditor, Grant Thornton, resigned. Yuhe says it was misunderstanding between the Chinese company and the auditors over provisions of Sarbanes-Oxley that the Chinese management did not understand. It was guilt by association in the case of Duoyuan Global Water, which shares the same chairman as the printing company.
Chinese Stock Poll
|Click here to take our poll on Chinese stocks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV