Law Offices Of Howard G. Smith Announces Investigation On Behalf Of Shareholders Of American Physicians Service Group, Inc.
Law Offices of Howard G. Smith announces that it is investigating potential claims against the board of directors of American Physicians Service Group, Inc. (“American Physicians Service Group” or the “Company”) (NASDAQ:AMPH) related to the Company’s agreement to merge with a subsidiary of ProAssurance Corporation (“ProAssurance”). The proposed all-cash transaction is valued at approximately $233 million.
Under the terms of the agreement entered into by the parties, ProAssurance would acquire all the outstanding shares of American Physicians Service Group for $32.50 per share. The board of directors of American Physicians Service Group has unanimously approved the merger and resolved to recommend that the Company’s shareholders vote in favor of the transaction. The transaction is expected to close by the end of 2010. The investigation concerns possible breaches of fiduciary duty and other violations of law related to approval of the proposed transaction by American Physicians Service Group’s board of directors.
If you are a shareholder of American Physicians Service Group, if you
have information or would like to learn more about these claims, or if
you wish to discuss these matters or have any questions concerning this
announcement or your rights or interests with respect to these matters,
please contact Howard G. Smith, Esquire, of Law Offices of Howard G.
Smith, 3070 Bristol Pike, Suite 112, Bensalem, Pennsylvania 19020 by
telephone at (215) 638-4847, Toll Free at (888) 638-4847, or by email to
or visit our website at
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV