2010 College Football Picks: Week 3
NEW YORK -- (TheStreet) Among the lessons learned in week 2 of this 2010 college football season:
(1) Michigan's Denard Robinson could lay claim to the title of the NCAA's top quarterback, possibly college football's best playmaker, and certainly bonafide, early-season Heisman contender after sealing a win for the Big Blue under the gaze of South Bend's ever present Touchdown Jesus. Even if none of those monikers is a perfect fit for the fleet-footed one, this one is: Coach Rich Rodriguez's answered prayer.
(2) The natural rhythms of the football season, as is its wont, also laid claim to another row of pretenders. Among them, Miami, Florida State, and Virginia Tech were exposed at the hands of Ohio State, Oklahoma and James Madison (yes, that James Madison of Football Championship Subdivision fame). While commentators were quick to talk of the resurgence of the latter football programs following the final scores, the results may have been more indicative of the formers' struggles.
(3) Yes, Alabama is No. 1. Keeping Penn State from scoring a touchdown for the first time in nearly three seasons is proof of that. Good thing, too, since they're getting their Heisman Trophy-winning rusher back from injury this week.(4) And the big loser was a team that didn't even hit the field on Saturday. Talk of Boise State's Week 1 win over Virginia Tech and subsequent red carpet ride to BCS busting status took a big hit last week when the FCS shattered whatever was left of the Hokies' dubious top-15 veneer. >>Against the Spread: 2010 NFL Picks: Week 2 Week 3 offers only a smattering of truly compelling games. But if there's any additional lingering effect from James Madison's triumph, it's the realization that any week could sink a top-25 team, even if most of this weekend's matchups are of the cream puff variety. This week's picks follow on the succeeding pages.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV