Levi & Korsinsky, LLP Launches An Investigation Into The Possible Breaches Of Fiduciary Duty By The Board Of AMREP Corporation - AXR
Levi & Korsinsky is investigating the Board of Directors of AMREP Corporation (“AMREP” or the “Company”) (NYSE: AXR) for possible breaches of fiduciary duty and other violations of state law in connection with a receipt of a proposal Nicholas G. Karabots, the Company’s Vice Chairman of the Board, for a going private transaction. Under the terms of the proposed transaction, AMREP shareholders will receive $12.00 in cash for each share of AMREP common stock they own.
The investigation concerns whether the AMREP Board of Directors breached their fiduciary duties to AMREP stockholders by failing to adequately shop the Company before entering into this transaction. In particular, AMREP stock has traded as high as $15.32 per share as recently as June 15, 2010. Also, Mr. Karabots currently owns approximately 60% of AMREP’s outstanding common stock and has indicated that he is not interested in selling his interest in AMREP to anyone else.
If you own common stock in AMREP and wish to obtain additional information, please contact Joseph E. Levi, Esq. either via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at (212) 363-7500 or visit http://www.zlk.com/amrep-axr.html.
Levi & Korsinsky has expertise in prosecuting investor securities litigation and extensive experience in actions involving financial fraud and represents investors throughout the nation, concentrating its practice in securities and shareholder litigation.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV