NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Credit card companies Visa (V) and MasterCard (MA) were among a small group of firms with stocks hitting fresh 52-week lows Monday morning, even as the major indexes rose around 1%.
Visa shares tumbled several points early in the session on high volume. Its shares touched as low as $65.70 before rebounding somewhat to $65.79. Visa shares have an outperform rating from equity research firm FBR Capital, and a buy rating from UBS (UBS) and Stifel Nicolaus.
Shares of MasterCard also traded on high volume, falling to $191 before pushing back up to $192.19. Mastercard shares have a buy rating from Deutsche Bank (DB), Argus Research, UBS and Credit Suisse (CS).
By market cap, the next largest company to touch fresh 52-week lows Monday morning was AsiaInfo-Linkage (ASIA), a Beijing-based telecommunications software provider, according to Barchart. The stock fell as low as $16.42 in early trading. It has a buy rating from Kaufman Brothers and a rating of outperform from Wedbush Securities.AMAG Pharmaceuticals (AMAG), a biopharmaceutical firm, saw its shares fall to $25.01 Monday morning before edging back up to $25.22. AMAG shares were downgraded to neutral from outperform by Robert W. Baird in late July. Citigroup (C) has had a buy rating on the stock since January. Semiconductor maker Brooks Automation (BRKS) shares fell to new low of $5.46 Monday morning. Chipmakers have been in focus after Texas Instruments (TXN) and National Semiconductor (NSM) lowered their quarterly outlooks last week, citing a slowing demand for PCs. The pair's revised guidance followed a similar revision from Intel (INTC) late last month. >>China, Data, Politics Keys to Coming Week
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV