BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- An early rally is the hot topic of the morning: Investors are excited for a bullish push following positive economic data from China as well as less-stringent-than-expected financial regulations for banks following a Sunday meeting among worldwide officials in Basel, Switzerland.
In the People's Republic, a large ramp-up in industrial production coupled with strong retail sales numbers to excite investors about the Chinese economy -- considered not long ago to be a major growth opportunity for U.S. investors. While China's equity market contracted violently in the wake of 2008's credit crunch, the country is starting to show its bullish cards to investors once again. At the Basel meeting, while regulators mandated that banks would need to raise their capital minimums, they'll be given ample time to ramp up reserves.
For U.S. stock investors, these are just a couple of reasons that suggest September could be a strong month for the market. As usual on Mondays, that means we're going to try to maximize our intraweek gain potential by looking at a new group of five Rocket Stock plays.
For the uninitiated, Rocket Stocks are our weekly list of companies with short-term gain catalysts and longer-term growth potential. In the last 60 weeks, Rocket Stocks have outperformed the S&P 500 by 58.51%.Here's this week's list of Rocket Stocks to watch. >>>Also see: 5 Credit Card Stocks to Sell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV