Frequency Electronics, Inc. Announces First Quarter Fiscal Year 2011 Results
MITCHEL FIELD, N.Y., Sept. 13, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Frequency Electronics, Inc. (Nasdaq:FEIM) reported net income of $507,000 or $0.06 per diluted share, for the first quarter of fiscal 2011, which ended July 31, 2010. Net income for the preceding quarter was $175,000 or $0.02 per diluted share, and, for the first quarter of fiscal 2010, was $654,000 or $0.08 per diluted share.
Revenues for the first quarter of fiscal 2011 were $12.1 million, compared to $13.1 in the preceding quarter and $12.4 million for the same quarter of fiscal 2010.
The Company recorded operating profit of $789,000 for the first quarter, compared to an operating profit of $536,000 in the preceding quarter and $659,000 in the first quarter of fiscal 2010.Chairman of the Board General Joseph Franklin made the following comment: "We are pleased with these results, which are in line with the objectives we set for this year, fiscal 2011. Continuing the positive trend reported at the end of last year, we increased profitability at a reduced level of revenues. In the past quarter, we also added to cash and marketable securities. We have been notified by customers, the prime contractors, that before the end of calendar year 2010, we will receive advanced funding for three major satellite programs that have been long delayed. Looking forward we are on track to achieve the goals we set for this fiscal year, which are increased revenues along with improved operating margins and profitability." Reports on the Company's major business areas:
- Satellite Payloads: Revenues from space programs continued at more than 30% of total revenues. As in the preceding fiscal year, government programs accounted for over 80% of the Company's space business. While we anticipate growth in the commercial satellite sector with proposals outstanding on major programs, present backlog maintains this high ratio of U.S. government space business.
- U.S. Government/DOD non-satellite programs: This business area maintained the higher rates achieved during the past fiscal year, representing more than 25% of revenues. Based on the multiple DOD development programs awarded the Company for secure communications, high resolution radar, smart munitions, and electronic intelligence, we anticipate this business area will grow to a larger portion of the Company's sales. Frequency's products address critical DOD requirements with projected high growth. Taken together with U.S. Government satellite business, overall sales for government end-use represent over half of the Company's consolidated revenues.
- Telecommunications infrastructure: Sales from this business area remained under 30% of consolidated revenues. Sales of the Company's US5G family of wireline synchronization products continued the uptrend which began last year.
- FEI-NY revenues were $7.6 million compared to $7.9 million in the preceding quarter and $7.1 million in the first quarter of fiscal 2010. The FEI-NY segment includes revenues from all major business areas.
- Gillam-FEI recorded revenues of $3.0 million, compared to $4.3 million in the preceding quarter and $2.5 million in the first quarter of fiscal 2010. The Gillam-FEI segment includes revenues primarily from wireline telecommunications infrastructure and other network management products.
- FEI-Zyfer revenues were $2.5 million, compared to $2.7 million for the preceding quarter and $4.2 million in the first quarter of fiscal 2010. FEI-Zyfer's first quarter 2010 revenues include approximately $1.0 million of sales originally scheduled to be shipped in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2009. The major source of FEI-Zyfer's sales is from U.S. Government/DOD programs in addition to revenues from the US5G wireline synchronization productline.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV