I've been waiting patiently for months to make this call. On Jan. 1 2009, I made the same call and anyone who listened made very quick profits. The rest continue to live on the branch of life's tree called "Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda." The timing is right again!
Are you interested in sticking it to the man? Are you interested in sticking up for the people who live within their means? Are you interested in making money doing it? If you own U.S. Treasuries, you should consider selling them. If you don't, you should consider shorting them.
Warren Buffett was right last time when he sold Treasuries. "So ... I've been buying American stocks. This is my personal account I'm talking about, in which I previously owned nothing but United States government bonds," Buffett said.
Loosely translated: Buffett chose stocks over bonds because bonds were overvalued and stocks were undervalued. Well, that was then. This is now. U.S. government bonds are overvalued yet again!The upside is limited. It doesn't make financial sense to put your money into certificates of deposit or Treasuries; they simply don't pay enough. The upside is limited to fractions of fractions. They are in such great demand that they don't have to offer attractive rates, because there are so many fools buying them. The S&P 500 is yielding more than they are for the next five years. Sure, the S&P 500 may have some downside potential, but it's better to have some downside potential than to be guaranteed downside. There are three exchange-traded funds that will enable you to make some quick and very easy money. I own them all. They are:
- ProShares UltraShort 20+ Year Treasury (ETF) (TBT)
- Direxion's Daily 10-Year Treasury Bear 3X Shares (TYO)
- Direxion's Daily 30-Year Treasury Bear 3X Shares (TMV)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV