2. AMR (AMR) owns American Airlines. The company's second-quarter loss narrowed 97% to $11 million, or 3 cents a share, as revenue gained 16% to $5.7 billion. The operating margin climbed from negative territory to positive 3.5%. AMR's stock trades at a forward earnings multiple of 7.3, a sales multiple of 0.1 and a cash flow multiple of 2 -- 70%, 90% and 57% discounts to airline peer averages. Of analysts following AMR, eight, or 57%, rate its stock "buy", five rate it "hold" and one ranks it "sell."
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts