6. Standard Microsystems (SMSC) designs and sells silicon-based integrated circuits. Standard swung to a fiscal first-quarter profit of $630,000, or 3 cents a share, from a year-earlier loss. Revenue increased 56% to $97 million. The operating margin turned positive. Standard's stock trades at a forward earnings multiple of 9.8, a book value multiple of 1.2, a sales multiple of 1.3 and a cash flow multiple of 8.8 -- 19%, 78%, 59% and 34% discounts to semiconductor industry averages. All eight researchers following Standard Microsystems rate its stock "buy."
10 Stocks Expected to Gain at Least 50%
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.