7. Gannett (GCI) publishes newspapers, including USA Today, operates broadcasting stations and manages Web sites. Second-quarter profit nearly tripled to $195 million, or 73 cents a share, as revenue declined 1.6% to $1.4 billion. The operating margin rose from 15% to 20%. Gannett's stock sells for a trailing earnings multiple of 6.3, a forward earnings multiple of 5.6, a book value multiple of 1.7 and a cash flow multiple of 3.5 -- 71%, 78%, 52% and 77% discounts to media peer averages. Around 86% of analysts rate it "buy" and 14% rank it "hold."
10 Stocks Expected to Gain at Least 50%
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.