7. Gannett (GCI) publishes newspapers, including USA Today, operates broadcasting stations and manages Web sites. Second-quarter profit nearly tripled to $195 million, or 73 cents a share, as revenue declined 1.6% to $1.4 billion. The operating margin rose from 15% to 20%. Gannett's stock sells for a trailing earnings multiple of 6.3, a forward earnings multiple of 5.6, a book value multiple of 1.7 and a cash flow multiple of 3.5 -- 71%, 78%, 52% and 77% discounts to media peer averages. Around 86% of analysts rate it "buy" and 14% rank it "hold."
10 Stocks Expected to Gain at Least 50%
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.