BOSTON (TheStreet) -- The S&P 500 has rebounded 5.4% so far in September, following a 4.7% drop last month. Those individuals who are underinvested in equities and hoping to catch the next wave of upside should consider the following 10 stocks, which receive top ratings from analysts and are expected to gain at least 50% in the months ahead. Warning: These stocks are risky. They are ordered by analysts' median projected return.
10. Visa (V) is a credit-card company, operating an electronic payment network. Fiscal third-quarter net income declined 1.8% to $716 million, or 73 cents a share, as revenue grew 23%. The operating margin rose from 50% to 56%. Visa's stock trades at a forward earnings multiple of 14 and a book value multiple of 2 -- 12% and 72% discounts to IT services peer averages. It is expensive based on sales and cash flow per share. Of analysts covering Visa, 34, or 89%, advise purchasing its shares, three recommend holding and two suggest selling them.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV