Non-governmental shipyard operators Todd Shipyards (TOD) will pay its investors a dividend of 10 cents per share, up 25% from its prior payout. It will be available Dec. 23 to shareholders of record on Dec. 8. At current valuations the stock's yield is 2.6%.
First Capital (FCAP), a savings and loans bank, raised its payout by 5.6% to 19 cents per share, payable Sept. 30 to shareholders of record on Sept. 16. The increased payout brings the stock's current yield to 4.9%.
Lawson Products (LAWS), a manufacturer of abrasives, electrical tools and vehicle maintenance products, increased its quarterly dividend by 33.3% to 8 cents per share. It will be paid Oct. 12 to shareholders of record on Sept. 28. At current valuations the stock's yield is 2.3%.
Insurance company Torchmark (TMK) raised its dividend by less than 1% to 16 cents per share. It will be paid Nov. 1 to shareholders of record on Oct. 2, bringing the stock's yield to 1.2%.Starwood Property Trust (STWD), which invests in commercial mortgage loans and other commercial real estate debt investments, upped its payout by 32% to 33 cents per share. The increased dividend will be paid Oct. 15 to shareholders of record on Sept. 30. That brings the stock's current dividend yield to 6.7%. -- Written by Miriam Marcus Reimer in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Miriam Reimer. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/miriamsmarket. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV