Solar Losers: GT Solar, Jinko Solar
(GT Solar secondary story corrected for controlling shareholder information)
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- GT Solar (SOLR) announced on Friday morning that controlling shareholders had completed a secondary offering of 11 million shares priced at $7.39. The deal was completed on Thursday, as was a decline in share price.
GT Solar shares ended Thursday down 3% to the price of $7.39, at which the secondary was priced. Shares of the solar company slumped near 16% this week after the secondary filing was first made on Tuesday.
For GT Solar, the larger secondary offering overhang on its stock isn't done yet, though it's not a new issue of common shares from the company that always leads to share dilution.Two venture capital investors hold a stake of roughly 77 million GT Solar shares. Back in March, the GT Solar financial backers unloaded 25 million shares of the solar equipment maker when they held more than 100 million shares, which led to a 7% decline in GT Solar shares.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV