BOSTON (TheStreet) -- Investing in dividend stocks requires more than the ability to spot high yields. Dividend growth is the surest way to outperform other income investments. The following 10 stocks offer attractive payouts, but more importantly, they sport some of the fastest dividend-growth rates in the market. They also receive high ratings from analysts. The stocks are ordered by their three-year dividend-growth rate, from fast to fastest.
10. AmTrust Financial Services (AFSI) is a property and casualty insurer. Second-quarter profit increased 15% to $31 million, or 51 cents a share, as revenue grew 35% to $246 million. The operating margin narrowed from 20% to 15%. AmTrust's stock trades at a trailing earnings multiple of 7, a forward earnings multiple of 5.7 and a book value multiple of 1.3 -- 57%, 45% and 98% discounts to insurance industry averages. Of analysts covering AmTrust, all five rate its stock "buy." A median price target of $20 suggests that a return of 42% lies ahead.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV