SLV, iShares Comex Silver Trust
The SLV was launched in April 2006 and currently has $6.9 billion in assets with 314 million ounces or 9,782.88 tons. Its expense ratio is 0.50%. Reportedly no more than 1,100 ounces can be unallocated at the end of each business day.
Bank of New York Mellon is the trustee and JPMorgan is the custodian, no sub-custodians were listed. The silver is located in 5 vaults around London. The last inspection by Inspectorate International reported was in February 2010. The existing 308, 542 silver bars were of 99.90% to 99.99% purity. About 1% of the bars checked had a few branding and serial number issues but reportedly those have been rectified.
Bank of America is the largest holder with 7.7 million shares followed by Aletheia Research and Morgan Stanley with 6 and 5.7 million, respectively.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV