BMW August Sales Rose 12.5%
MUNICH ( TheStreet) -- BMW said August sales rose 12.5% with Asia, and China in particular, boosting car deliveries.
BMW, in a press statement Thursday, said it delivered 103,239 automobiles to customers in August.
"We have already sold more than 106,000 BMW and MINI vehicles so far this year in China: This is more than in the whole of 2009," said Ian Robertson, a BMW sales and marketing executive, in a statement. "However ... we aim to maintain a good balance between our Europe, Asia and Americas regions."
Deliveries for the first eight months of 2010 also rose 12.5% to 919,258.-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV