|The Rumor Boutique Hotel's lobby mixes elements of Palm Beach and The Palms casino through modern Italian styling and Hollywood Regency inspiration.|
DITCHING HOLLYWOOD FOR DOWNTOWN The need to separate from the masses seems the common theme for fall nightlife, especially in Los Angles, where locals are forgoing Saturday nights in Hollywood to venture into the city's newly thriving downtown. Renegade artists and bohemian actresses are spending most of their weekend nights at such places as The Falls, owned by San Francisco native Michelle Marini, who could be a vixen on Mad Men -- she was doing the retro thing at L.A.'s Lava Lounge years before the trend went national.
Today she can be found behind The Falls' ornately emblazoned door in the city's 1920s banking district -- a virtual skid row in the late 1990s transformed into a hipster epicenter by Spanish-speaking merchants and fashionable loft dwellers. Inside, the lounge bar maximizes the historical elements of the building, such as 20-foot ceilings with crystal chandeliers. Knotty driftwood cocktail tables and a Vegas-inspired drinking bar bring a homey feel, as do the geometric squares and starbursts on the glittery ceiling, screened walls and patterned carpet. The crowd is a marriage of all that's downtown L.A., including loosened-tie stockbrokers, Project Runway types in skinny jeans and local artists with paint-encrusted fingernails drinking away their fall nights with kumquat- and sage-infused cocktails.
>To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV