BOSTON ( TheStreet) -- Stocks trading under $5 have limited analysts' coverage, so it's not a good sign for investors when most researchers recommend dumping shares. The following five U.S. stocks trade at less than $5 and have garnered the biggest number of "sell" ratings, making them vulnerable to analysts' bearish views.
5. YRC Worldwide (YRCW)
Company Profile: YRC Worldwide offers transportation services.
Share Price: 29 cents (Sept. 8)2010 Stock Performance: -65% Analyst Consensus: Six analysts, or half of those covering YRC Worldwide, say investors should sell shares of the trucking company. Another five analysts rate YRC Worldwide as a "hold," and only one recommends buying the shares. Bearish Case: Credit Suisse analyst Christopher Ceraso wrote in an Aug. 4 research note that while less-than-truckload (LTL) fundamentals are improving, YRC Worldwide "still faces substantial headwinds in 2011. We maintain our view that any future value from profitability will not fall in the hands of common equity shareholders; but, rather, will accrue to the banks and the Teamsters." Ceraso has an "underperform," or "sell," rating on the trucking giant and a price target of 50 cents. No other analyst publishes a price target.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV