4. SandRidge Energy (SD)
Company Profile: SandRidge is an independent natural gas and oil company, which concentrates on exploration, development and production.
Share Price: $4.33 (Sept. 8)2010 Stock Performance: -54% Analyst Consensus: Of the 20 research firms covering SandRidge, half say investors should buy the shares. Another eight analysts have a "hold" rating on the stock, and two recommend that investors dump the shares. The average of 11 recent stock-price targets is $7.27, which is 68% above where the stock currently trades. Bullish Case: Wunderlich Securities analyst Neal Dingmann reiterated his "buy" rating and $10 price target on SandRidge on Aug. 6 after the company's stock fell as an "overreaction" to production guidance and hedge settlements. "SandRidge increased its oil-production guidance this year and stated that next year should be at least 30% higher sequentially," Dingmann wrote. "We believe management estimates could be considered conservative. We are also optimistic that differentials begin to improve."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV