7. General Maritime (GMR)
Company Profile: General Maritime is a provider of international seaborne crude oil transportation services.
Share Price: $4.34 (Sept. 8)2010 Stock Performance: -38% Analyst Consensus: General Maritime is rated a "buy" by nine analysts, while another five recommend investors hold the stock. Two research firms rate the stock a "sell." The average of 10 recent stock-price targets is $8.62, which is nearly double where the stock currently trades. Bullish Case: Sterne Agee analyst Salvatore Vitale reiterated a "buy" rating on General Maritime on July 30 following weak second-quarter results. Vitale said General Maritime "remains the tanker stock with the greatest upside," and that it "offers the greatest optionality in our tanker universe, as it affords the most growth potential given its smaller size and management's penchant for buying tanker assets at attractive points in the cycle."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV